Get Customers by educating them!
You’re probably thinking – Educate them about what?
Well, consider this, many businesses solely focus on attracting brand new customers, but you NEED to spend a good amount of your time retaining current and previous customers.
Here are a couple of crucial elements to use in order to keep your current customers:
- Stay in contact: Do this by whatever mediums you are able to. By phone, email,e-newsletter, in person, periscope, facebook messenger, eyejot, voxer, skype-even by pigeon if you have too!
- Post-Purchase Assurance: This means you need to follow up with customers.Your customers need to feel like they are being supported for their purchase and with the item they purchased. How many times have you bought a product, then felt completely abandoned? Something as simple as a Thank You note with your contact or customer service information can go along way in retaining a great customer.
- Deals & Guarantees & Exclusive special offers: Always offer your current customers the best deals and guarantees you can. Show them you appreciate their business or even come up with a membership club specifically designed to reward loyal customers. You can also do this with a preferred pricing option.
- Integrity: Wow, this is a big one and I’m constantly shocked at what some business owners feel that they can get away with! Using good business practices and simply upholding integrity, dignity and honesty not only goes a long way with customers, but in my mind is obligatory. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of swindling and cr*p out there and the safer and more confident you make your customers feel, the more they will trust you and that makes for an amazingly supportive and loyal customer.
There are three cornerstone ideas to a successful business:
- Quality product/service
- Offering useful products/services that solve a problem for or enhance the life of a customer
- Offer subjects your customers find interesting and engaging
Use this approach of educating your customers and offering them real, useful information and insight and you will be rewarded with loyalty and success as well as notoriety! You only need to look at all the social media platforms that you no doubt must be using at least one of, to see that interesting and educational posts do frequently get shared and in some cases go viral.
Stop using all your time on new prospects while your current customers fall by the wayside!
As Jay Abraham says, “Your best prospects are your existing customers. If you’ve been putting all your marketing efforts into acquiring new customers, stop and divert some of your resources into reselling, upselling, cross-selling to those same customers. In every way possible – through package inserts, regular mailings, special offers – stay in touch with those customers and get them used to buying from you.”